Video editing is the key to blending images and sounds to make audience feel emotionally connected. Staying connected is ever so important. With professional video editing you can create an eye-catching masterpiece, and it can make or break a film, which is why it’s just as important to choose the right video editor as it is to choose the right camera equipment. Without a video editor, all of the other aspects of video production can no longer come together to create the product.
Students will learn the Language of Editing, editing techniques, colour correction and more. Participants will be working on DaVinci Resolve 18 to create videos with their own styles. DaVinci Resolve is a Hollywood-grade video editing software. It’s also free to download and cross-platform. Check out https://www.blackmagicdesign.com/products/davinciresolve/ to learn more about the software.
We will be using free stock images and video footage, so don’t worry if you don’t have a camera or video recording device.
- Organizing and starting a project
- Perform basic edits, arranging clips and working in multiple layers
- Perform advanced edits using different workspaces in Davinci Resolve
- Applying and adjusting video/audio effects
- Colour grading
- Create custom graphics and texts
- Create custom animations and understand its mechanics
- Mixing audio from speech, music and sound effects
- Exporting a video with the proper settings
- Visual Effects